Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Minimalist? Not Yet.

Like everyone else during this pandemic, I've been clearing out my house. I actually do this from time to time but this time - this time I'm digging deep. I've been clearing out... (drum roll)... shoes.

Yeah, you heard me right. I said shoes. I've become a reformed shoe-aholic... at least I hope so. It's been a while since I've fallen off the wagon and I have to stay vigilant and I don't allow myself to cheat.

I only allow myself a pair of shoes if I've completed 50 workouts. Yes, I mean exercise. It's my reward for doing it. I had to think of something that really motivated me.

Thing is, I've discovered something. I can live without all those shoes. I didn't know that. I can even live without buying them. (gasp) 

For my reward, I started out buying whatever my heart desired but for the past year I carefully weighed what I wanted then after a while I started carefully weighing what I needed. When it comes to shoes, this is a completely foreign concept. And, I think you'll agree, an enormous step forward. 

For my reward this time I bought a pair of shoes to replace a pair that needs to be pitched. Weird. Who ever would have thought that would happen to me? After 50 gut busting workouts I bought replacement shoes! I have so matured.

Let's not forget all the shoes I've given away or thrown away. So many. Too many to reveal here. It's too embarrassing. But that's all behind me now! I am a new woman!

I am proud to say, I've got the total count down to less than 40!!! Hooray! 

What? I said I wasn't a minimalist yet!  Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment