Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I do like others. I like Christmas, but I have five kids and Christmas is a lot of work. Thanksgiving is different.

I put out a couple fall things, gather family - who are my favorite people to hang out with - I'm really blessed that way. And I cook a turkey. Is there anything easier to cook than turkey? Really? You wash it off, stick some onions and celery in it, put it in a roaster and... that's it. When the meat thermometer says it's done - it's done.

Everyone else brings the sides, dessert etc, etc. I'm just making turkey, potatoes, gravy and a couple baked dishes. What could be easier?

Then I get credit for going through a bunch of work I didn't do.
Honestly, washing the dishes is more work than cooking the meal.

Aside from the ease of it and being with family, I love spending a holiday being grateful for stuff. It puts life into perspective and gives a moment of calm before the storm (Christmas).

Here is a short list of things I'm grateful for. (Oh boy! Lists!)  
  1. A loving Father in Heaven who helps me every day.
  2.   
  3. A husband I adore.
  4.    
  5. Five of the best children ever.
  6.    
  7. Parents and Grandparents who keep me grounded and help me know who I am.
  8.    
  9. Siblings - I have nine. There's always someone to talk to.
  10.    
  11. Friends who don't judge.
  12.    
  13. Nieghbors - I live in a really great neighborhood. Maybe I'll write a post on that someday.
  14.    
  15. Pets - Bunnies and fish. It's wonderful to me how much joy a pet can bring into each day.

  16. Our beautiful world. I love nature. I love the outdoors. I love feeling the wind and digging in soil and watching things grow. I can't get enough of it.
  17.  Creature comforts. The argument can be made that I live in the lap of luxury. I have a roof over my head, clothes to wear and food to eat. There are many, many people who cannot say that.
What is on your thankful list?

Happy Thanksgiving every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment